Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster error message

Hello Everyone,

I've tried searching for the issue below but didn't find anything so...

I downloaded mpmaster X (Beta Version of full Machine Def / Control Def integration) and get the following error message when posting:

"ERROR - SELECT MACHINE ACHIEVABLE TOOLPLANE WITH Y-AXIS ALONG MACHINE Y - SET AND REPOST"

I'm using the mpmaster_horizontal and even though I get the error, the gcode looks ok!?! I noticed that in the post, this messages is associated with both syaxiswarn & szaxiswarn.

In my model, WCS = TOP, TP/GView = BACK rotated 90 degrees.

Can anyone explain what this message indicates and how to fix/stop it?

Thanks,

John

Hey John,

There was a related issue that was previously cleared up. I believe it was put back onto the the server for download but we'll confirm on Monday.

To attack your part from the back with a horizontal machine you need to use the regular back toolplane. If you are looking at the back toolplane from the top view and you rotate it 180 deg, just as the table on your machine would rotate, the coordinate system should be the same as your machine is setup.

Brett

Hey Brett,

Just in case I'm not following you correctly, here's what I did (From WCS TOP):

I created a new view by going to GView, Back (WCS)

I rotated the GView about the Z axis -90 deg.

I set Planes =GView

I set a new origin X .635, Y 0, Z 6.22 and saved this view as "G56".

When adding toolpath, I selected GView, Named, G56.

Where did I go wrong?

I checked my mpmaster.pst and it's dated 04/04/2006...same date as on the website.

Thanks for the help!

John

Don't use the WCS ever if you want angles to output. It should be used only to pick the equivalent Top toolplane for how your part is fixtures, if out of position and/or orientation in your CAD model, and you elect not to move/reorient it.

The Back toolplane/cplane is correct for a horizontal config. It doesn't need to be rotated 90deg.

Yes, we have a horizontal w/B-Axis...I guess I'm not explaining myself well enough...

The problem I have is that this particular part/model can be machined on the Front, Left & Right with no problem...B-Axis rotation works because the models orientation to these planes is correct.

The Back however is *not* aligned and needs to be rotated -90 about the Z Axis in Mastercam to orient properly for the fixture being used.

Basically, I get to the Back and the features I need to machine are sideways/horizontal and I need to flip them up to a vertical alignment to work with our fixture.

I know this may be difficult to visualize, it's a *unique* looking part.

John

So if you want a B180 rotation on that operation, but you are rotating the part in the fixutre, then you need to set the WCS to the view that would result in your new plane being a standard non-rotated back plane.

So your WCS is either the Top roated 90 to the left about global Y, or Top rotated 90 to the right about global Y.

Basically you want your toolplane to be the standard Back with respect to the WCS.