Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Feeding CnC machine Program

cadmonster66

I don't think you can dnc with the free ware editor.

we use predator dncx . the protocal is xmodem

they supply a card for your PC .

the software sends packets of information to the control, then its sent back to confirm it's correct.

we found when feeding at 56,000 baud rates with lots of small incremental moves in mold making

your control must have look ahead capabilities.

cables are also very important. spend the extra money

I am sure Cimco sells a version that can meet your needs.

good luck

smile.gif

Cadmonster, does your Monarch mill have a control using standard RS232 protocol? Then it is only a question of setting the parameters correctly on the control, and configuring CIMCO Edit correctly.

If you can send smaller programs using CIMCO Edit, which can be stored on your control, then it is not a limitation in CIMCO Edit which is causing you problems, then it is settings on your control, or user error.

On most controls, the command to load a program to memory and the command to run a program as it is dripfeeded are two different commands. You will need to check your manual for the correct commands.

If you are using the correct commands, then it might be incorrect handshake settings, as the control needs to tell CIMCO Edit to stop transmitting, when the buffer is full, and to restart transmission, when there is room in the buffer again. It might also be the FIFO buffer settings for the port in Windows, in Windows 95 and 98, the FIFO buffer often has to be set to minimum, in Windows NT and 2000, it sometimes has to be disabled.

If I knew what type of control there is on your Monarch mill, I might have more suggestions.

It would also be useful to know exactly what goes wrong. Does your control display an error message? Does the machine start as intended, but stop with an error message after a short time?

The first step in solving a problem, is to learn what the problem is.