Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error when changing config file.

rdshear

I am running X MR2 and have run into a problem. I have my own config file as there are two people on the computer I use (at different times of course wink.gif ) I decided to check the colors and cancelled out of the menu (red X at bottom). Upon doing this, I got the error:

"Failed to load resources from resource file, Please check your setup."

When I clicked OK, Mastercam closed.

I re-booted and re-loaded Mastercam only to find that any time I used the config, it would reply with the same message.

The only way around it was to re-load the default config file, save it as mine, and then make my changes.

I thought the problem was because I closed the config dialog box with the red X (Cancel) button instead of the green check (OK) button, however, I have had this problem three times now in two days as I try to get the config where I want it using the green check. I am usually changing shading or color settings when it happens.

It seems the file is getting corrupted or it's not re-loading properly or something. I know I changed these settings several times in MR1 and never saw this error. Anyone have any ideas other than "don't play with the config file"? confused.gif

Thanks,

Rick