Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam lathe

gmenzies

hello

sometimes I loose all my operations in lathe. not the toolpaths , but the seperate operations I have created.

ie: create a roughing toolpath and call it rough-1

using standard tools from the libary.

then I do a finish pass . but I need a custom tool. using circle tools with .002 rads for some

cores in a injection mold.

I have drawn the tool and saved it in my tool libary. I do a new operation and call it finish-1

select the geomerty . and the parameters page comes up.

select create new tool ( custom) run through the

nessary paremeters and save the tool to my libary.

close the parameters box and the toolpath is generated. go back into my operations manager and all operations are now gone. leaving me with the default operation title.

can or has anyone duplicated this problem.

it does not happen in mill.

and is there a button I need to have push that prevents operations from being deleted.

using version 8.1.1 lathe

thanks

confused.gif

gmenzies,

What you are describing should not be possible in any of Mastercam's products. Operations are the toolpaths. You can't have one without the other. Are your operations collapsed? Try a Backplot of the operations. If you get an error saying there is nothing to show, that's a real problem. If you can download the .mc8 file to the FTP site, someone with Lathe could take a look and see if it's in your file or if there's something going on in your system. confused.gif

sorry if I was missunderstood.

in the operations manager-- create a new group--

rough-1--- do a couple of tool paths ( operations)

then creat a new group and call it finish-1

after creation of the custom tool -- then all the groups are gone and I am left with one default group ( Toolpath Group 1 )

Gord rolleyes.gif

Gord,

I'm sorry I didn't understand your situation. I'm glad Dave was able to repeat it and see what was happening. Can you create the Groups after the operations and move the operations into their Groups later? Can you download the tool .mc8 to the FTP site? This is good to know in able to provide proper support. smile.gif