Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Backplot Time not Shown Anymore

jenks

When I backplot my toolpath I am getting a message as follows: "A time estimate is not computed when SIMULATE CUTTER COMPENSATION is selected.

I used to get a time displayed, so why don't I get a time now?

This is what I am doing:

[1] Getting the OPERATIONS MANAGER

[2] Pick BACKPLOT

[3] Pick RUN

[4] I get the message.

[5] In the Lathe Backplot menu: I pick DISPLAY.

[6] In the BACKPLOT DISPLAY PARAMETERS box it shows a box that is checked. The box is labeled SIMULATE CUTTER COMPENSATION. The box and message is grayed out and I cannot change it.

[7] In the TOOL PARAMETERS page 2 I am using CUTTER COMPENSATION IN COMPUTER. I have tried turning this off, but it makes no difference.

[8] I have COMPENSATION IN CONTROL turned off.

I am using V8.1, I haven't got around to loading 8.1.1 again(again because our IT dept upgraded our system to WIN2K and reloaded the wrong version of Mastercam).

Once again I think this is probably a simple problem, just knowing which button to pick.

I share this system with two others, so I know we occasionlly change something that unknowingly affects the others. I think this is probably what has happened.

If you are able to get through this long-winded discourse, and can help, I offer you thanks in advance.

Jenks,

Are you using Lathe 8.1? That seems to be what you were using from the description of your Backplot Display. "(again because our IT dept upgraded our system to WIN2K and reloaded the wrong version of Mastercam)." That may be your problem right there. Download the patch for Lathe 8.1 to Lathe 8.1.1 from this website or Mastercam's website and get your Lathe up to speed. I've tried to repeat your problem on my computer with one of the sample files and simply cannot get that error. The switch is greyed out and unselectable but I haven't been able to change anything that turns it on. Maybe if you download your file to the FTP site, I could get a better look at it. In the meantime, get your system back to V8.1.1. That alone may fix your problem.

smile.gif

Peter:

Thanks for trying.

Yes, this is a Lathe8 problem.

Putting the v8.1.1 back on is my top priority for this weekend. I have found several other little things that are annoying me which were not present when I was running v8.1.1 and I want to fix them.

Long live IT, they are always there to help! wink.gif

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: jenks ]

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: jenks ]