Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SF2 back up

kinglouie V

Hey Lou,

I went back and checked the file locations listed in the install.txt and thats where my files reside at. I'm not having any startup errors and it seems to be working ok. Do you intend to try again? Let me know. I hate to think I put something out there that doesn't work. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Tim

I'm stumped, I'm getting an "error report dialog" on startup in MCX -mr2. It's listing several .ft files??

I'm also getting a script error when choosing base folder to save duplicate to.

**edit**

got it,. banghead.gif

[ 07-11-2006, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: kinglouieXII ]

was trying to back up to the same folder and it didn't seem to like it. once I specified a different folder to back up to it worked well. but I'm still getting the startup error. it's showing a error report dialog box where MC is finding and reading every .ft file as it starts.

upon opening the two sf2.ft files it says [error L38,C:/McamX-MR2/CHOOKS/sf2.ft]"unable to open resource module" little weird. confused.gif

sf2.jpg

*edit*

ok, easy fix- changed file path in both sf2 chooks to look in mr2 folder. (duh!) bonk.gif

thanks for the great utility. smile.gif

[ 07-12-2006, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: kinglouieXII ]

I guess I'm unsure as to what say is wrong. I originally did all of the "figuring out" on my pc. Once I was fairly sure it worked I just copied everything from my pc to the three other computers we have. Everything worked ok on them. I used the scriptlinker utility here on the forum to make the .ft files. Maybe try and run the vbs files though the scriptlink utility again and make your own ft files. Or just delete the ft files and run the vbs files from the menu commands. unless someone else might have some idea whats going on. I feel bad that this isn't working for you like its supposed to.

nothing was wrong except that the data paths were not looking for MR2 and I put everything in there, not MCX. I loaded MR2 seperately from MCX and once I changed the data paths in the .dlls and .fts to look in MR2 all was well. NO WORRYS biggrin.gif Don't feel bad it was my issue to discover, just took a day to get into it.

was: "C:MCAMXVBS2F.CFG"

needed to be: "C:MCAMX-MR2VBS2F.CFG"