Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC question

wendy

I'm setting up new DNC software. For some reason the machine keeps giving me a physical error when I now download an NC file. Granted this machine is very sensitive. It's an old Mitsubishi. I set the software up on 5 Prototrac machines and it works fine. I just have a problem with this one machine. Would someone clarify that I am correct with my assumptions with this DNC file?

-2 -h -l -x13 -p2 -b9600

M30^M

^M^]

^M^]

parity=2

-h=disable hardware handshaking

-l=literal transfer (I'm not sure about this one)

-x13=software handshake characters dcN/dcM (not sure about this one either)

-p2=port 2

-b9600=baud rate of 9600

I'm not sure what the ^M^ is.

Thanks!

Wendy Bowen

Network Administrator

Schmald Tool & Die, Inc.

(810) 743-1600 ext.323

[email protected]

Jay, the software is called Cadem Net-lite DNC software.

Keith, the settings are for the machine. I've been told before that this particular Mitsubishi machine is sensitive. But, I've set up the software with the same(I think) dnc parameters that the dnc file said the machine required.

I'm going to come in early tomorrow and play with the parameters on the software and see what I can possibly figure out. Hopefully all of the testing won't be in vain.

~Wendy frown.gif

Hi,

Wendy, we're looking to change our DNC/loader solution by replacing our existing package that was written in-house 12 years ago. I will receive a demo of cimnetinc.com software next week. I would greatly appreciate any advice from you on the software that you're using, CADEM-net lite. smile.gif

AND from anyone else that uses a 3rd party DNC software package. BTW the ^M^ looks like and End of File (EOF) character. Usually a "%".

TIA

KLG

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Keith Graydon ]

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Keith Graydon ]

Hello all,

I know I'm biased but there really is a difference in DNC software and for my money I'd buy Cimco DNC-MAX. The Cimco OEM edit in Mastercam even communicates to one or two machines with some simple setup. Got to the website at www.cimco-integration.com The web site allows for easy downloads of the software. It installs in less time than my computer takes to boot up in the morning. This stuff just works and it's easy to use. Most likely they've already gotten the machine protocols all worked out. cool.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]