Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 axis rotation question

MasterCAM Rulez

i get a signal these --->"ONLY SINGLE AXIS ROTATION IS ALLOWED ANGLE MAYBE INCORRECT."

i want to toolpath the pocket on the "FRONT" CPLANE. this is how i toolpath a 4 axis rotation i'm not sure if i'm do it right.

I press "Alt + C" to open up CVIEW from CHOOKS, from the "CVIEW" scene i pick "CROSS" and "Perpendicular" option.then i press "SELECT" button then i pick the pocket that i want to toolpath. then press display to make sure that the tool is perpendicular to the pocket. the result is "0" Degree (Tplane: 3) so i set my CPLAN: 3. then i pick the pocket i that i want to toolpath. everything look ok on the scene when i backplot it. but when i run the post.

i get a signal these --->"ONLY SINGLE AXIS ROTATION IS ALLOWED AND ANGLE MAYBE INCORRECT".

but when i draw the part CPLANE:TOP,then i

TRANSFORM and rotate the -90 degree. by the this i got no signal when im running the post.

any1 out there know why?

please show me how to modified MPFAN post.

Thanx in advance : confused.gif

MasterCAM Rulez,

One thing you should keep in mind is that the Tplane and Cplane #3 is the BACK plane. This plane is the complete opposite of the Front plane. The positive X is going in the opposite direction from the positive X of the Front plane. The error you are getting is because the post is designed to output for 4-axis moves but not 5-axis moves. If you try to use the Back plane, Mcam sees that as another axis of rotation (5th axis) and will not output the code correctly. The easiest way to perform a multi-axis position move you are describing is to Transform-Rotate the toolpath from the Top or Front, using the Origin on the Side View. That's if you want to use the X-axis as your rotary axis. If you are trying to Chain geometry that already exists on the Front plane, you will need to change the plane accordingly in the T/C Plane button of the operation. smile.gif