Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform

Is anyone experiencing "oddities" with this feature.

I setup a transform >> select all ops >> T plane >> copy op >> sub-program >> incremental >> start at 0 increment by 1

0 & 0 on distance, 2 in X, 0 in Y

This gets me 2 positions with subs and different work offsets, except it isn't working for me.

Not reliably at least, its really been hit or miss.

I placed a file on the FTP in the X folder

bad transform.zip

This one's not a post issue as near as I can tell.

None of my other posts will work with this file either. Yet another file similiar part, transformed the same way, works fine.

I have sent this into QC as well.

I was curious if anyone else had any suggestions or observations.

John,

Couple of things that I see is the file in the .zip doesn't have the Subprogram switch activated. If you want the work offset to change but not to worry about the coordinate values changing for each instance of your translated parts, use the "Tool plane origin only" switch just below the Translate type switch.

24mdy84.jpg

Also, I believe Transform ops work best when you have at least a (1) for the number of parts, or "steps" for a direction that you don't want multiples of. The "Y steps" in your case should have at least a (1) in it. This includes the original part.

24mdylx.jpg

HTH cheers.gif

Sorry the first pic didn't show. I don't know why. If you'd like John, I can show you exactly what I'm referring to using our remote tech support software.

[ 08-14-2006, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

O2715 (271A207-1M_REV- OP1)

N100 T1 (1.5" SHEAR HOG)

N110 M1

N120 G0 G17 G40 G80 G90 G54 X.525 Y-6.355 S12000 M3

N130 G43 H1 Z2. T2

N140 M98 P2716

N150 G90 X-.2584 Y-6.806

N160 M98 P2717

N170 G91 G28 Z0.

Thats what I am getting, its only posting in g54 and calling the sub up one time.

McamNut,

Great avatar BTW. The .zip file John provided doesn't have a post so I was just using a generic 3-axis Fanuc post. For future reference, a .Z2G file includes all the relevant info, including posts, to provide the best support. I think John probably didn't want to put his post out on the FTP site where anyone could download it. The post I used was giving me errors but that's because the Misc Values were set to only output one offset (G92) in John's program. Changing the work offset Misc Integer value to a "2" (G54) for all the source ops would probably have produced a good result. I had a couple of tech calls in the middle of attempting this so I couldn't test it out at that time. I'll do it now though. cheers.gif

BTW, John. This forum is not your only resource for tech support. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

quote:

BTW, John. This forum is not your only resource for tech support.

Peter,

Leave me you home number and I can call you on Sundays biggrin.gif I'll send you the Z2G in a few Pete

This one has me a little perplexed. I set parts up to transform like this all the time, yet this group of parts that I have been working on for a side thing have been causing me fits.

I have been seeing some really strange behavior on my home copmuter as well.

Thanks all for your time

John,

quote:

Leave me you home number and I can call you on Sundays

Absolutely! It's (978) 422-XXXX. Oh, wait. That's a Sterling prefix. So, let's see. My home number is (603) 555-1234-5678-9876-5432-1... biggrin.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Seriously though John, I did notice your directory tree was lising a main install folder location of McamX-MR2. You didn't by any chance do a "side-by-side" installation of MR2? Just asking. HTH cheers.gif

John,

Let me know after you've tried our suggestions tonight. The only thing that seems to not work is by grouping NCI output by operation order, not type. That would definitely merit a forward of the file to [email protected]. Most users who transform the toolpaths don't want to machine complete parts with all the toolchanges before machining the transformed part. That's probably why no one found this until now. HTH cheers.gif

Man I must have been suffering from a major brain fart.

Works just like I always do it but for some reason I had the operations checked off wrong.

Too many hours in front of the screen meh thinks

thanks guys