Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surfacing help

Marlowe Bright

You will need to cut the surfaces after you creat the curves. I usually use trim surface to curves. This has a feature that allows you to keep both halfs of the surface being cut. This feature dose not always work for me, when it dose not work on a particular surface I just copy that surface and trim it twice.

The plane just needs to be flat, (mold pull direction) The creat part line curve will creat curves on the surface normal to this plane.

Deciding mold pull is sometimes just gusetimating what would work good. If you rotate your part to a position that you like you can use creat plane equals Gview. Then go ahead and creat part line curves to see if this will work for you.

If you want some sugestions you can put your file on the FTP site and I will take a look at it.

Go to planes. You have a number of options either use =Gview or pick geometry. If you use the geometry option you will need some form of geometry to pick. either curves, points or a flat surface. all of your options are under the planes menu at the bottom of your screen.

When creating a plane with curves, pick the X-axis first, then the Y-axis. You will be given a number of axis combinations to chose from. When useing points pick the center, then the X point, then the Y point. THis is the option that I use the most, it useally gives the correct orientation first try.