Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tombstone

Hey,

Drawing a tombstone for R&D purposes for our Horiztonal. Make the structure, holes (one side only of 4 sides) and extrude. I have like 200 holes on the one side and it's a lot of memory being taken up. Can you make the extrude 1 solid for all holes. Would it make any diff. anyways?

I can't image how much it would bog down if I do the holes extuded on all sides.....

How are you putting the holes in Randy?

Are you using hole wizard?

You could do a linear array and then a circular, I think, to get all sides.

If you are modeling threaded holes make sure you use the cosmetic thread?

Hi Randy,

You should be able to select all of the arcs (200 holes) and extrude them using one extrude operation. Just be sure and click the "Combine Ops" check box. That will give you one extrude operation that cuts all the holes at once. After you extrude cut your holes into the solid, run the "NoHist.dll" Chook. This Chook removes the solids history tree and gives you a "brick" solid which should take up less memory. The main component of your computer that will bog it down is your graphics card. We work with large Mastercam part files every day. Typically 10-50 MB part files. With the NVidia FX3450 (256MB of RAM) our models pan, zoom, and rotate with no problems.

HTH,

Colin Gilchrist

The Boeing Company

MR2 and Beta test site