Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tech. Machine Definition Question

Hymen

We just recieved a Miyano BNJ-42s

This machine has 2 turrets that are by MCX definition would be called upper turrets. One of which can work on either head.

In the machine definition manager, (in the machine components) there is only one definable upper right turret.

Is there a work around for this?

Can the commponent library be modified to have 2 upper right turrets?

Or do I need to use the Misc component group?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

From what I hear this is a great machine. I left that company just after the install. Although, I have seen it run and have not seen or heard any issues with the Live tooling. I wrote some programs on the side for them to get them started. The guys at that shop are real happy with it and buying another one soon. A little more on the $ side, but well worth it. I think of that machine as a combination of a screw machine and lathe as it is real real accurate but it has turrets. If I had a choice and it was big enough for the size of work I did I would not hesitate in buying it again.

I can give you there # for a contact if you'd like to ask some questions about it. There are not many of them around so we bought it pretty much blind but were happy with the outcome.

The most interesting part about the machine I though was the Accumulated feed, which to my suprise worked great!!

Either of your upper turrets can work on either spindle, as long as you have defined axis combinations to allow it. For example, if your Upper Right turret can machine on either the left or right spindle, you need 2 axis combinations for it:

#1 includes

- the Upper Right turret component,

- the Upper Right turret axis components

- the Left Chuck component

- the Left Chuck axis components

#2 includes

- the Upper Right turret component,

- the Upper Right turret axis components

- the Right Chuck component

- the Right Chuck axis components

When you program your toolpaths with this turret, make sure to select the appropriate axis combination for the spindle you are working on.

The software looks at the components in the axis combinations, not the component groups when computing tool collision avoidance moves.

I hope this makes sense.

Accumulated feed

Situation:

Turret 1 is engaged with material on spindle 1, there is tooling on the station being used for both spindles, as the turret is engaging with spindle 1 the sub (since the axes are on it rather than the butterfly turret) moves into position and engages with the tooling on it's side of the turret. So when the tool is machining the part on sp1 the sub is chasing that pattern and machining its own pattern as well. Thus accumulated feed. Did that explain it?

I even built a post that can handle this!!