Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Adjust feed on arc move

Sonny

Hello,

We have recently tried to use the "adjust feed on arc move" feature without success. I did a search of topics and came up with one from years ago that never answered my question. Here is a simple example. I created a contour toolpath, staight line - arc - straight line. I am climb cutting the inside of a 2.0 dia arc with a 1.0 diameter endmill. My programmed feedrate is 44. i.p.m. "My calculations" state that the feedrate should drop to 22. i.p.m. when traveling the inside of the arc. MCAMX drops the feedrate down to my minimum feedrate setting of 2. i.p.m. If I create a toolpath cutting the outside of the radius the feedrate is reduced to 29.33 i.p.m.. My belief is that the feedrate should increase with this second path. The help topic seems to concur with my theory, but.... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sonny