Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thermwood 5-axis Questions

deckard

We own a late 1990 Thermwood Model 70 serial number C70048122190SD9 with a 9100 Controller, 5'x10' table, 2- dual spindle heads. 1 head is currently operating on the right side and the head on the left is idle.

We would like to know what the current market value of this 5-axis router might be.

We would also like to get an estimate for getting the controller updated to a 91000.

Is this machine worth upgrading or would a previously enjoyed machine be more cost effective?

Can anyone recommend a Canadian company preferrably Ontario who can service, troubleshoot and repair this machine. I would like to be able to use this machine without having it go into E-STOP for no visible reason, just plain execute its HOME command.

I've talked to the people at Thermwood but their solutions are frighteningly expensive.

I've gotten answers to these questions from various sources but have decided to have the fine people here at eMastercam.com answer these questions.

Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

We just went through a complete rebuild on a 1999 model 67 thermwood and all I can say is this machine is a new machine it is significantly faster than it used to be and thermwood did a fantastic job on it. We have had no complaints with there work. 91000 controller is a definite step up from the 9100.