Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Networking

Zero

We're trying to get our controller on to our local network through a 100bps hub.We've already got the 2 computers in the office here(both NT 2000) on the network and they both see each other.The problem is that neither computer will see the conroler. The controller will see both computers but will not log onto either and says:

Error 5:

Access has been denied

Explanation: the file is marked read-only(which it is not), or an attempt was made to access a shared resource such as a subdirectory, a named pipe, a queue or a semephore.

1: Any ideas would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

2: what the heck is a semephore????? confused.gif

O.K. now we got the controller to see the 2 computers after much deliberation (this is the 3rd time the guys been back) but we cannot get the 2 computers to see the controller. I can access the computers and drag a file to the controller, but I'd rather access the controller from my computer and drop the files I need that way.

Any suggestions?

Hiya Zero,

What version of DOS are you operating under on the machine?

Caldera? Microsoft? ect... it may make a difference.

Also, Network protocol must be the same on all the "boxes".

Are all tyhe machines under the same DOMAIN and are they on the same node on the network? THat will make troubleshooting a whole lot easier.

HTH

KLG

You must run some form of client network software on the dos machine most likely msclient you will be able to map a drive in the dos machine to a windows box share. You can get the client software from Microsoft. You will not be able to share a directory in dos without running some sort of server software. If you really want to go that route win3.11 windows for workgroups would be a good choice if you could scrape the dust off the disks. I can see it now. "CRC error"

Good luck

Allan

Thanks for the responses all. I've got parts to run so I don't think I'll be able to mess with it today. It will just have to wait untill the next slow day I guess. At least I can accesss the computer from the controller. I've done a couple of test transfers and its lightning quick compared to the 3.5 drive. Sent a 1.8m file through the network in about 2 seconds.Thanks again. smile.gifsmile.gifcool.gif