Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Interfacing Software

Bruce

I started going down this track so time ago but the project was put on the back burner.

I require software that allows the following.

Save multiple NC files under a singular group work number

Track/find your inventory by NC file names or group work numbers.

Rename NC files and add comment information.

Remame/sort group work numbers with different NC files into a new work number file

Back up data files to your hard drive or onto a floppy for a more permanent "hard" copy.

Thanks once again folks

Are you saying that you want to keep order of all programs and cad file for say one job# or travler #.

So later when you go back to this job you can find it all and if needed make some changes or add more comments to them.

Example#1 Cusotmer Folder

Example #2 Customer Projects

Example#3 Under Customer Project,Customer Files

So now under cad files on my server I have a folder for every customer and they all go like the Examples.

Now I can go back to any job and anything with that job is in there so I can make changes or updates.

Now I hope this what you are talking about wanting to do.

[ 02-18-2002, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

quote:

onto a floppy

Vary bad Idea.

This will not last,I have a customer that tried this and I wound up burning a disk of all the programs after the first year the disks went bad.

Floopy are not reliable.

Backup to the following:

1) Tape system

2) Server

3) Use Raid 1

4) Another hard Drive on your system,Almost the same thing as Raid 1 mirroring but without raid issues.

5) CDR or CDR-W

There is just a few thoughts.

Sorry people,

redface.gif It sounded clear to me when I wrote that message but upon reading it again today I am not so sure. I hope this is clearer.

I forgot to include that apart from managing files the sofware also up and downloads progams to the CNC machines (minor detail). Camlink "Griffobrothers" have data transfer software (GBData Tranfer) that does all this but it is only suitable for Mazatrol systems.

In summary this is what I am looking for all in one package;

Up and download programs between PC & CNC

Ability to select a workgroup number and then select the program/programs within that workgroup to tranfer.

Renaming of programs and workgroup numbers and allow comment information.

Allows the saving of progams that have the same name in different work groups.

Back up program files to a suitable media.

Sotware is viewed in a database format so that you can see the workgroup numbers,program names, comments etc in one view and it allows selection from this view.

Bruce,

Check out the CIMCO Integration web-site CIMCO and the DNCMax V4 product. It in fact supports all the functions you are looking for. If you wish to e-mail Cimco North America, they'd be happy to help you with any questions. They are very helpful and knowledgeable on the topic you're interested in. There is also an area on the web site where you can download a 30-day trial version of the software. Hope this helps. smile.gif

[ 02-19-2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott, Services 4 Automation ]

• 1 month later...

A company in Germany have 4 seats of Mastercam and they use Project Manager (see www.camaix.com) in combination with CimcoEdit of Cimco. The editor allows to send and receive files to controls and the Project Manager C-Hook allows to manage different revisions of file and storing them under customer name and project name. Over 100 companies in Germany are working with this product daily, maybe this could help you. You can try this for 30 days for free.