Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9 questions

kwolf

Hi ,

The questions are regarding V9.

It seems there's a new feature in Tool Center Boundary with which you can shrink/enlarge your TCB by some distance. cool.gif

But one of my friend told me that if you select more than one chain , the software ignores all the boundaries.

Is it right? If so is there any patch to download?

I have some questions about V9 since my boss have not upgraded it yet.

Is it possible in V9 to design assemblies? Or import assemblies from SolidWorks or any other CAD?

Is it possible in V9 to have a solid that has some faces selected as drive faces and some faces selected as check faces?

Thanks.

quote:

It seems there's a new feature in Tool Center Boundary with which you can shrink/enlarge your TCB by some distance.

But one of my friend told me that if you select more than one chain , the software ignores all the boundaries.

Is it right? If so is there any patch to download?

No your freind is not right i just tested this with great result. I picked an inner and an out for one part not trouble at all.

quote:

Is it possible in V9 to design assemblies? Or import assemblies from SolidWorks or any other CAD?

Can you design assembless I would you can make sevral parts in the same space.

Now can you bring in a Solidwork assemble that contains more then one Solid you bet.

quote:

Is it possible in V9 to have a solid that has some faces selected as drive faces and some faces selected as check faces?

Yes sir you can, have done this all ready too.

So he is saying that you cant say fin parrail pick 2 diffrent boundrys and have the tool stay in those two boundrys with one tool path?

You mean ,you can't do This?

This how i did this. one path two diffrent boundrys.

He must be talking about offset boundrys.

because the two diffrent boundrys ,you can do this in 8.1.1

I have to agree that does not work that I can tell if you try to offset them in or out.

But TCB does great.

Ok I am done ranting.

[ 02-24-2002, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

quote:

Soooo, correct me if I'm wrong:

"He can not select 2 separate boundaries with compensate inside or outside in parallel finish" , ok?

So far you are not wrong.

quote:

And to my surprise he told me that he could not use such a thing in ANY OTHER OPERATIONS not only for parallel finish.

Thanks

That does seem to be the case at this time.

But TCB does work fork for the other just not inside or outside.