Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc wire

edmBosto

edmbosto,

i've been covered up lately.been here 11 days in a row and 19 out of 20.they can have my overtime.i am jusr too particular to let anyone else do it.i am making a 8 cavity trim die.

as far as the corner form, i was refering to the wire machine itself where you are trying to hold corner forms to keep them from overburning or washing out the corners. cheers.gif

On the settings window on our Fanucs it has controls for what the M27's etc are. So that's all controlled by what it reads off the post as far as I can see. I'm happy with what I see there.

On open contours I see it posts out the code for the corner as it knows if it's a die or punch shape.

When does your approach control become active?

I'm waiting to see what the Fanuc 18W and the 16W do from the thread point to the start of the geometry chain. The machines are are doing a large cut and a no core so it will be awhile before I can notice if it becomes active.

I never looked at that before. Friday the post gets worked on so I'm learning some things about

the codes. Don't know anything about changing the post as to what it can do. But for now that's cool.

edmbosto,

you have to turn the controlled approach on in the machine.input the off time and water flow that it will actually use for those conditions.you will see that it automatically reduces both for a set distance that you also input in the machine,usually about the diameter of the opening of the flush cups.when it reaches the distance you inputed,you will see the power and water kick up to the normal settings.the controlled approach distance is measured from where the wire first makes contact.