Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Communication

Greg Williams

I am having problems getting the CIMCO editer to download to my 151 Heidenhain machine. The problem is that nothing happens. I know that the CIMCO editer is working ok as it tranfers data to 3 FANUC machines no problem. Is there any tricks involed here or am I missing the obvious? The baud rate, Data bits and stop bits seem ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ 02-26-2002, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Greg Williams ]

Greg,

First thing I would check is if you have the latest release of the Cimco Editor. Is it the full-blown editor or is it the OEM version found in Mastercam? E-mail Cimco Technical Support for more detailed help. Check out this site Cimco Integration and click on Support at the top of the page. Explain in detail the issues you are having and tech support will help. They have many years experience with communicating to all different types of machines. HTH biggrin.gif

Greg,

There are a number of things that could be causing your problem from incompatible cable configuration to miss-matched parameters between the CNC and the PC. However, here is a quick thing to try that might immediately solve your problem:

1. Go to the Transmission pull-down menu

2. Select DNC Setup

3. Select your machine in the DNC Setup dialog

4. Click the Setup Button

5. Select the Transmit Tab

6 In the 'Send at end of feed' field enter the value 003 or 3 (same thing...)

7. Hit OK, now you are ready to test

Test your download via the Send File in Current Window or the Send File command.

TNC151's are notorious for requiring and ASCII 3 as the EOF or End of File character.

If you need additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact the CIMCO Support Department by emailing [email protected] or calling (US+) 978-728-0014.

I have contacted the people from CIMCO and they have informed me that I will need to upgrade to DNC-MAX to send files to a 151 control. For me this is a good idea as I really need to send files to 5 machines from this one PC and the editor in Mastercam is not capable of sending multible files.

Thanks all for your help