Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Building new system question

cadmonster66

To all please help,

I was writing between cadcam and couple other people. I have been building a new system and I bought a extra case fan for the back of the box. My question is,I cann't remember when putting the case fan in does the fan air flow direction go into the case or out

thank you

John

Ok cadcam,I checked the airflow for my power supply on my new case and it seems to be pushing the air out of where the power supply box is. Now for the case fan. I seem to forgot to mention that on the left side of the box it is not solid the manuf. Decided to put venting holes on the side. Should i still have the new case fan forcing the air out since the power supply seems to be doing that even with the power supply being in a small enclosed in part of the case.Or let the case fan blow air into the box and let that airflow escape through he vent holes in the side

Thank you for your time

John

There are a couple of other things to consider with this subject.

First, the power supply fan pushes air out of the box. If you have too many of these type of fans, you can actually increase the temperature inside by creating a vacuum. You have to have enough "openings" in the case to support the pull of the fans.

Second (Almost always overlooked and probably more important), where the box is going to be will make a HUGE difference as to where (and what direction) the fans should be. If you are putting the case on the floor, you should only add an "inward" fan if it is mounted higher up in the case (on the back perhaps). A floor sitting case with an intake fan at the bottom will tend to get VERY dusty inside. Check out your surroundings and think about which areas get less dust build up. that is where you should keep the box, and should also help decide the placement and orientation of fans.