Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mits wire post

PERRY C

I'm running a mits fx-20 wire machine and manually threading the wire my post is outputting an moo (cut wire) then x and y positions But no G00 it puts in a G00 at the beginning of the program but not for any of the other position moves from there on out. And it only output a M58 before a M02 And I'd like it to put one in before each position move after it turns off the wwater,wire and machining then an M58.

Where do I begin to look in the post to get it to do this.

Thanks in advance banghead.gif

perry, that is kinda like what i have.i have a post that will postout excellent doing window contouring,another one for tapers,another one for 4 axis.i can't get one that will do all and i have stopped trying. headscratch.gifbanghead.gifheadscratch.gif

Perry,

My Mit post (same as yours) does the same thing.

No G00 when it is to rapid to the taper location.

Since I don't do much tapers so I'm not sure how fast the machine will move to its location on the job I just programmed. I'm anxious to see how much of an issue this will be.

An update on this “no G00 output on the contour->contour move” from the MITS Wire post.

(This may also apply other Wire posts).

There was discussion that there was a difference if taper was (or not) programmed on the wirepath.

That just sounded strange, so upon further investigation...

Side note: Having dabbled in writing posts for 15yrs (but not as much recently) for a couple different CAM systems, you find that it is best to investigate before opening your mouth. biggrin.gif

Taper on or off was not the trigger, but it was involved in this case.

There is a fairly new Lead-out option in Wire – ‘Rapid to Cut point’.

If that option is enabled, the last move of the path (lead-out) is done in ‘G00’ mode.

So... The PST sees that ‘G00’ mode is active when it outputs the contour->contour move

and with modality in effect the ‘G00’ mode would not normally be restated.

But...

The Mitsubishi FA-Series 4X Wire.pst (known as ‘MPW-FA10.PST’ prior to X) and (many) other Wire posts will override this modality and “force” the ‘G-mode’ to output on a contour->contour positioning move.

But in this MITs post, when taper had been programmed, this “forced output” did not occur. mad.gif

Anyway...

To “force” the MITs post to output ‘G00’ on the XY positioning move,

You can make a change in the ptlch_nstrt postblock ->

Original section of code ->

code:

ptlch_nstrt     #Tool change, do not use start position

pcom_moveb

pcheck_xy # Check to see if we are moving to a new cutout

pcantxt

if sof & strtflag, # Moving from Start Pt to Thread Pt.

pbld, n$, *sg20code, pfxout, pfyout, e$ #Rapid to Thread Pt.

# Move to Thread Pt.

if xy_motion = yes$,

[

pzplanes #'Z' plane settings #Added (9/9/2004)

pcantxt1, pbld, n$, pwcs, `sg20code, sgabsinc, pfxout, pfyout, pzout, strcantext, e$

]

Altered section of code ->

Note the subtle difference in the *sg20code command on the replicated line in the ‘else’ section.

code:

ptlch_nstrt #Tool change, do not use start position

pcom_moveb

pcheck_xy # Check to see if we are moving to a new cutout

pcantxt

if sof & strtflag, # Moving from Start Pt to Thread Pt.

pbld, n$, *sg20code, pfxout, pfyout, e$ #Rapid to Thread Pt.

# Move to Thread Pt.

if xy_motion = yes$,

[

pzplanes #'Z' plane settings #Added (9/9/2004)

# <REVISED CODE ->

if sof,

pcantxt1, pbld, n$, pwcs, `sg20code, sgabsinc, pfxout, pfyout, pzout, strcantext, e$

else,

pcantxt1, pbld, n$, pwcs, *sg20code, sgabsinc, pfxout, pfyout, pzout, strcantext, e$

# <-REVISED CODE>

]