Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V7 Haas Reverse Post

CADJockey

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

sub-routines

???????

Do you mean sub-programs?

You'll probably not find one of those anywhere, If it were around, you're probably going to have to pay a hefty price for it.

JM2C

James,

I have a program which calls out sub-routines (call made with "Pxxxx", just as is a sub-program) which are part of the main program. In the Haas the sub routine is led by "Nxxxx", which comes after the "M30" but before the "%" which identifies the complete body of the program. I would not be surprised if the post is a purchased item.

Mike

Why would you want to reverse post?

To backplot? You could get Cimco edit to do that.

To verify? There are several packages that do this on gcode not some reverse posted NCI stuff.

To scale? you could get Cimco edit to do that or just use the old MCedit.

To import the NCI file into a new job? Well O.K. might be nice but you've only got V7 so you can't do that anyway.

Why?

Allan

Allan,

I am trying to produce a Mastercam setup sheet which will give me the tool times and complete part times for running a new program which was programmed outside Mastercam with a PC text program and modified on the Haas. I wanted to use the setup sheet to assist in quoting chargable hours and to compare predicted program times to actual operator hours. Thanks for giving this your attention.

Mike

There is a link at the bottom of the page to Vericut it would do that and more. Some others come to mind as well. The verification software avail today will make nice html pages with automatic screen captures at tool changes, tool lists, movies of cutterpaths, machine verification.

The list goes on.

Allan

P.S. The rev posts are tricky enough the subs would make a guy bald.