Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

more 4th axis stuff

Zbuilder

I have my datum Work Plane (Top) as the center of the rotary table (C axis). I select a curving chain which lies on a flat plane (2d). "Rotary Axis" is enabled with "Rotary Axis Positioning". When I use the Mastercam 4 axis VMC post, there is no rotary positioning, but the backplotting shows rotary motion. When I select "3 Axis" under Rotary Axis, it also shows on screen does post rotary positioning but I get an error which reads, "Error - More Than 1 Rotary Axis Detected In Selected Axis Combination - Output May Be Invalid". The C axis is set up as a Nutating axis rotating about the A axis but not needed for this job.

You don`t ,but mastercam think you need it !

I had this error bunch of times ,and every time

the program was right ,and I was wrong !

If you cool yourself and just look on your toolpath through the mill you`ll see that one of directions or sides is wrong

So like you kinda start your 4 axes stuff and in one of your operations one of your axes is in opposite directions ,and to make it MC needs to turn it 180 degrees and that is second rotary and you get error

looking thru the backplotting, the C axis always rotates in the same CCW direction. It never reverses direction. The X Axis is moving + & -, the Z axis never moves once it plunges into the part & the Y axis seems to be staying on the centerline. I can't really tell because the X Y Z positions don't really match what's going on; must be because the Rotary Axis is enabled.

The error message "Error - More Than 1 Rotary Axis Detected In Selected Axis Combination - Output May Be Invalid" is telling you that the post only supports 4 axis (3 linear and 1 rotary) and the currently selected axis combination has 2 (or more) rotary axis in it. So, the post is basing it's rotary settings on the last rotary axis encountered in the axis combo 'tree'.

This is obviously a problem if you are rotating about the 'X' axis and the last rotary encountered is rotating about the 'Y' or 'Z' axis (and will result in no rotary motion output to the .nc file in most cases).

Try deleting the rotary axis that you do not need from the axis combination and see if that helps.