Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

IF in the middle of a callout

What I am looking to do is add an MI to where my post changes spindle gears. I am not sure if you can do this though. Right now my code looks something like

n$, t$, gear$

What I'd like to see (don't know how the syntax works) is

n$, t$, IF MI1$ = 1, "M41", else, gear$

Basically overridding my spindle gear because MC doesn't always choose the right one for what I need to do.

Thanks!

I would think you need to know where the machine gear speed change is at. Use that speed range to tell the post when to force a gear change. There is a point where the high and low gears overlap and the machine should change automatically. You'll need to find that overlap and set up the post to that.

Chip Pan

Chip, that's right. I have my machine setup for the exact speeds of each gear for the spindle and it does automatically generate M41 or M42 accordingly.

I run into a problem when I am taking .25" + depths of cut, if I am in M42 it will stall the machine, thus I need to force an M41 to get the torque.

Here in is what I do typically, Face (usually down to center) and then turn the od with the same tool. If I forced a tool change then it would solve the issue. But I don't want the tool to stop and return to it's saftey point between facing and turning. Such, I want to force a gear change of my preference.

Thanks for the input!