Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need Help, Urgent

Jon @ NOWHERE

Hey guys, I am programming a part on MasterCam X2, for an Okuma-Howa Lathe with a Fanuc Series O-TT control. My problem is I can get the part programmed and all but when I post it, the x's are not right, its showing for the diameter of the part. Im using g92's to set my x and z for each tool. I fixed the program by going through and halving all the x positions. I tried using generic fanuc 2x lathe control and post, and also the lathe default and mplfan post. What am I doing wrong in MasterCam or is this something that I need to fix in the post themselves. I need it to use radius for the dimensions not the diameter. Please help, I have one more part to program on this lathe or one similar. Both are part of an assembly that has just been moved into hot status by Spirit. firebounce.gif

There is nothing you do in MC different to get radial dimensions posted. It is a post issue.

I have not used a Lathe that uses radial dimensions for turning.

My Okumas use radial dimensions for live tool milling, but the turning is all in diameter.

I would look at this in the post

code:

dia_mult    : 2     #Multiplier for output on X axis (Neg. switches sign of X) 

Like I said I have not turned in Radial dimensions so hopefully some one who has can set you straight on the post mods needed.

cheers.gif

Maybe I aint explaining it right or something. I also need to mention that I have absolutely no experience programming or running a lathe. I've done more in the past two days than I have in the past 6 years here at my job. I cant figure out how to upload a file here, otherwise I would post my part and a snippet of the posted nc.

But if anyone would like to add me to msn messenger to better help me feel free to add

me: [email protected]