Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Menu wont drop down in wire parameters..

mikeqes

Hi everyone,

Im using X2 MR1 for wire. The problem I am having is when I'm creating a tool path, the "cutting parameters" page drop down menu for selecting how you want the tab to be cut wont drop down!

I have multiple chains with tabs, the only requirement that I know of for having this menu activate. This is the first time I have used this menu since I have updated to MR1 so maybe I am doing something wrong, or is it Mastercam??

Any other wire guys experience this?

Thanks!

Wire Mike

wire mike, i think this will help.

Note: This dialog box property page applies to contour and 4-axis wirepaths.

Use this page to set the wire motion when entering or exiting a part when making tab cuts (Tab Cut Leads section) and skim cuts after a tab cut (Finish Leads section).

This page is disabled unless you do the following:

Deselect the Tab cuts (no dropout method) check box (as shown below) on the Leads page.

Select the Tab check box (as shown below) on the Cut Parameters page.

If either of these conditions is not met, the disabled icon is displayed next to Tab Finish Leads in the Tree View list of pages, and the options in the page will not be available.

Note: In the Tab Cut Leads section of the Tab/Finish Leads page, the values you enter and the options you choose will be ignored if you have chosen to append the tab cut with another cut. For example, if you have chosen the Make tab cutoff move with skim cut check box on the Cut Parameters page (as shown below), the lead in and out values of the skim cuts will be used, and the tab cut lead in/out settings will be ignored.

Thanks for the help Dell. I think my Mastercam has a bug because no matter what I do I cant get that menu to drop down. The menu is not grayed out, it appears active but just wont drop down. I opened a file from a previous version and the correct option was in the drop down, (different then the default option)but it will no let me change it to a different setting.Hmm I don't know what to do now. The disk my reseller sent me is has March 07 on the label, maybe I there is a newer version.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Wire X2-MR1

On the (Wirepath-Contour) ‘Cut Parameters’ page

Once you check the ‘Tab’ checkbox in the ‘Tabs’ groupbox, these controls should go active ->

*Tab Width

*Number of tab cuts

* Make tab cutoff move with skim cut (checkbox)

*The dropdown with these (3) options:

1> All cuts together

2> Tabs and finish together

3> Rough, tab and finish separately

Automatic (radio button)

Manual (radio button)

I’m trying to guess as to what you have going on...

Try to program a simple (single) contour around a rectangle.

Does the dropdown work now?

Roger,

the controls all become active, but for some reason the tab drop down menu wont drop down.

When I click on the menu to drop down, a black line appears under the tab cut drop down window.(I dont know if this tells you anything..not normal though)

My only guess is something became corrupted when I installed MR1 since nobody else is having this problem.

Thanks,

Mike