Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mazak files dnc ??

ReDEyZZ

We have camlink here but you have to have the extra add ons to be able to read the mill files. Lathe programs we can see but not mills. I've heard that cimco can send and recieve mazatrol files but not sure if they allow you to read them, i've never tried. Just curious why would you need to dnc a mazatrol file? We dnc mastercam files to our mazaks but i've never had a mazatrol file so large it wouldn't fit in the machine.

quote:

We dnc mastercam files to our mazaks but i've never had a mazatrol file so large it wouldn't fit in the machine.

CIMCO Edit v5 can send and receive Mazatrol files, including drip-feeding files that are to large to fit in the control, but you cannot view Mazatrol files in CIMCO Edit. Yamazaki Corporation (Mazak) apparently does not want to tell us anything about Mazatrol format programs.

quote:

but you cannot view Mazatrol files in CIMCO Edit

Sort of... If you TAPE I/O the programs you can read the Mazatrol on any editor. If you understand 3-digit programming you can edit and even create Mazatrol programs. If you want to view the Mazatrol like its at the control, then you need something like Mazacam, Griffo Bros, etc.

And yes, we use DNC systems to transfer Mazatrol programs.... but do you need to DNC a Mazatrol file??!! That must be some huge file!!!! (even for EIA considering you can option for 8megs up front and you have a 20 gig drive at the machine..if its a Nexus Matrix..)