Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 axis verify and backplot

herricam

i am new to any sort of 4 axis work in MCX and having trouble with verify and backplot. if i use the rolldie function it will backplot the toolpath in the correct position but if i use pocket it shows the toolpath 90deg out to where it should be and if i verify it it will show 180deg out, why is this so.

herricam,

How did you set up your t/c planes for the pocket operation. You should leave WCS set to top and then create a new toolplane for your pocket operation and then chain in your pocket. For example if you are using a vertical mill and you want an A rotation of -90 degrees (meaning your pocket is on the front face of the part) set WCS to top and set t/c planes to front then chain your pocket geometry. If done correctly you should see the same result in backplot and verify which would show your tool coming in from the front plane in both cases.

Justin