Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post - pscomm0 and scomm0 ??

Chad 73

Help i couldn't find enough documentation to check these out. I am trying to read the operation comment and output some code depending on a certain condition. I was using scomm but it seems when i refer to it, it outputs to the post and wipes out scomm. currently i was using

pcomment

test = scan (str1, scomm)

to capture a number after a cerain string. The problem it outputs the string when doing this and the string didn't get put inside of paranthesis for the control. How can i stop the processing of scomm or does anyone have a example i can look at for scomm0?

Thanks

Chad,

If you access scomm from within the pcomment postblock, what you describe will happen.

Note in Jimmy's example that the only command in the (pre-defined) pcomment postblock would be to call a (user-defined) pcomment2 postblock, where the 'capture' of the data in scomm occurs.

I'm trying to understand exactly what you are wanting to do...

Read the 'comment' (and do something based on that comment), but not actually output that comment string to the NC file?

Roger has my idea. i do want to output code base on the text held within scomm. I can output the comment but the comment was being output without paranthesis. I did find a work around using a pcomment2 postblock and resetting scomm:

pcomment # Comments

pcomment2

toolcommno = scan (str1, scomm_holder)

pcomment2 # secondary created to read scomm

scomm = str4 + scomm + str5

scomm_holder = scomm

str4 & 5 are = open and close paranthesis

From there i used scan to search for the string i want and capture the following number. Thanks for the help!!

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif