Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR2 wcs ?

MIKE_B

Hi all

I just programmed a part using WCS for my top, bottom, sides...etc. When I post it is not putting out different work offsets for each side.(G54-G55-G56)

Had no problem with this in MR1. Not sure if I'm missing a setting that did not migrate properly or not. Any ideas?

Thanks

mike

Mike,

If you are using an MPMaster post check the MI variables. There is a switch in there to lock it onto the first WCS.

and make sure you are using the TOP with your T & C planes set for your rotational values to be processed correctly

Well, if your T & C are set to top, unless your doing either axis substitution or transform >> rotary you are going to get one WCS.

Your T & C planes need to be equal to your rotation while the WCS stays set to TOP

The system is not seeing a plane change thus not outputting a new WCS

John

This is something file related. I just did a test on a test file and everything works fine.

The one thing I thought it might be is my first toolpath was on the Bottom. But I did that on my test file and it posted fine.

What's really strange is that if I just post my first contour toolpath it doesn't even put out a work coordinate.

This one is driving me crazy banghead.gif

Everything looks the same as my test file

Mike,

Check your control def.

The one I got was pointed to the "default" control def instead of the "robo" one and then go into your mi variables and make sure mi1 is set to 2.

I also went into the View Manager and set the work offset value to

Bottom = 0

Top = 1

Right = 2

Left = 3

File coming back