Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Printing trouble

sc@mmt

I am using Matsrcam 8.1.1 and I just uprgraded to a very nice system, with win2k pro and an Elsa Gloria graphics card. Everything is great except I cannot use the printer through Mastercam. It works fine for all windows programs, but when I go to do my usual Hardcopy to my printer, I get a "not enough memory for this funtion" error, and since the system has 786 Megs of memory I know thats not the case. Anyone seen this or have a clue about it? Appreciate it.

Believe it or not, I ran into this with my system as well. It was the Graphic card drivers. It has nothing to do with RAM. Check if there are improved drivers available for your OS. You can test this by setting your graphics to 256 colours. If the problem disappears, it's the drivers for sure. I've seen mouse problems, dynamic rotation and printing problems over the last 12 years using MC, and they all were caused by the graphics card. If you get the latest and greatest card, expect these kinds of problems until bug fixes are available. In our field, we are only after reliability, not the "wiz bang" latest.

sc@mmt,

I was cutoff by webby's flood control. Anyway, what I was saying is Johns is correct. A lot of issues can be solved by downloading the most recent video drivers for your O/S. You may also want to try setting your hardware acceleration down a tick until it prints. One thing you should always do before purchasing a new computer is to contact your Mcam reseller. We have a list of components that work and have been tried and true with Mcam through our testing process. Many end users of the software are not aware there are issues with certain video cards. Anything from ATI and Diamond are just two examples of what to AVOID when considering a new computer for Mastercam. I'm not certain about the Elsa card but if the hardware acceleration and current video drivers don't fix the problem, you may have to consider an alternative video card. We recommend cards from Leadtek with the GeForce series chipset, except for any in the MX family. I believe the latest of those is the GeForce 4, but anything from GeForce 2 GTS Pro on up will do nicely in Mastercam. HTH smile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

[ 04-22-2002, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott, Services 4 Automation ]