Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis post questions

Bob W.

I recently ordered a trunnion table (Haas TR160X) for my mill (Haas VF2-SS) so now I need to get the post in the works. It seems to me that there are several of these combinations out there so a good post should not be that difficult to find. Who should I look to for this post and what should I expect to pay?

I have been in touch with my reseller and he said it was much more involved to do a 5 axis post but like I said, this machine combo should be pretty common. What would make this more involved?

Thanks,

Bob

5 axis newbie

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

CAD/CAM Consulting in SoCal has one, In-House Colutions has one. Yeah they are more involved than a 4 Axis post but what 5-Axis isn't? headscratch.gif

As for how much to pay, it's going to vary. You'd have to call and ask.

Bob,

The Haas 5X line of posts are usually modified generic fanuc posts that are found in the MC post download. Your reseller should have this "off the shelf" post readily available (mine does) for a minimum fee. You may have to change teh rotation parameters in the machine to accomodate the post rotation signs but that is a simple issue that Haas can talk you through on the phone. You probably can purchase teh post for around $1000. I can think of a few hundred folks who have salted their own GEN_FANUC_5X to taste but unless you've got several hours of post editing experience or lots of time, patience, and BC powders I'd suggest going to your reseller.

HTH