Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Indexing Error

Larry Metzler

Kitamura HX300iF with a Fanuc 16-i mb control

I am rotating on the B Axis once at 20.4 deg and at -20.4 deg.Looking at the NC file the output seems to be fine, however during posting I am getting the following warning

“INDEX ANGLE DOES NOT MATCH POST SETTING (‘ctable’)

As I am still new to 4th axis work and am overly cautious I would appreciate any help as to why I am getting this and how to correct it.

Thank all in advance

quote:

ctable : 5 #SET_BY_MD Degrees for each index step with indexing spindle

That tells your post the minimum amount of rotation to allow.

If it is set for 5 degrees you'll only get 5 degree incremnts. You'll need to make it a smaller number to get the value you need.

Also if this is an older post you'll make the change ion the post itslef, if it a newer X2 post you can make the change in the machine definition.

On your propoerties for your A axis, if you have Fixed/Continuous Positioning activated and your head support continuous try unchecking it and see if that helps, if not you'll have to enter the value you need there.

Basically if your indexer suports continuous that shouldbe checked, if not your index increment wil need to be smaller than your required angular output.

hth