Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Lathe Tool

Todd84

I have made a custom tool for the first time. I can not get it to work. I get an Invalid tool geometry error. I have put the tool file in MCX2 Files under 338369 Tool. I have been trying to do a grind relief cut on X2 MR1 Lathe. I read all the tips for creating tools and I don't know why this tool won't work. Thank you in advance. cheers.gif

One problem is the color of the insert. it s/b 138 not 55.

in x the default color was 55 but it changed in the up rev. I had similar trouble.

also I think your cplane is not right.

if you call in another lathe tool from the library you will see yours is not in the right plane.

also you can just analyze the colors and make your custom tool the same and it should work.

One other thing that will give you problems is the origin of your insert. You need to place it at the X,Y,Z of the system. You do this in the custom tool set up. if its not right the tool will cut wrong dimensions.

hope that helps