Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cycles using long code

Bruce

Hello all once again,

MC Version 8.11

Mill

How does one start to write a “boring” cycle using long code. My controller does not support this canned cycle. I have selected long code for that cycle in the post and you can see the result below but I want to stop the spindle before I rapid out of the bore and then reset the spindle for the next hole. Where does the post get the instructions from, to use the postblocks below and not the canned cycle instructions.

6 ;BORING psof

7 L X200.00 Y144.00 R0 FMAX M3 prapid pstartabs

8 L Z5.00 FMAX Prapid pstartabs

9 L Z-12.00 F250 plin

10 L Z5.00 FMAX pzrapid

11 L X150.00 Y94.00 R0 FMAX prapid

12 L Z-12.00 F250 plin

13 L Z5.00 FMAX pzrapid

14 L X200.00 Y44.00 R0 FMAX prapid

15 L Z-12.00 F250 plin

16 L Z5.00 FMAX pzrapid

17 M25 peof

Bruce,

The "usecan..." switches in the PST file control which postblocks get called when a canned (drill type) cycle is programmed. If USECANBORE2:YES the PBORE2 and PBORE2_2 postblocks will get called. If that switch is set to NO, the cycle will be done using calls to PRAPID and PLIN to 'simulate' the motion using long-hand code. In this setting you would need to add logic in the post to know when to output the stop codes you desire. Greg is correct, it may be easier to have the post call the canned cycle postlocks. Then you can customize what those specific postblocks output.

PostGuy

# ------------------------------------------------# Enable Canned Drill Cycle Switches

# ------------------------------------------------usecandrill : yes #Use canned cycle for drill

usecanpeck : yes #Use canned cycle for Peck

usecanchip : yes #Use canned cycle for Chip Break

usecantap : yes #Use canned cycle for Tap

usecanbore1 : yes #Use canned cycle for Bore1

usecanbore2 : yes #Use canned cycle for Bore2

usecanmisc1 : yes #Use canned cycle for Misc1

usecanmisc2 : yes #Use canned cycle for Misc2