Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Origin Problem

EazyE

MX2 MR2.... I created a new origin from geometry. This origin was set to -.100 in the X and -.060 in Y (from front left of geometry) due to the stock being oversized and I wanted to just touch the outside edges of the stock and have the toolpaths clean up the edges. Turns out that the last piece was cut to size. So when I changed the origin to be at the edges of the part and updated common perameters I could not get the toolpaths to change and had to adjust my offsets in the machine. Was this the right aproach or am I crazy

I think the bottom line of this is while you may have create a new WCS origin, your tool paths were not associated to the 'new" WCS. That's the only thing I can think of that if you moved it, your tool paths did not go dirty.

If you want to use the edge of your rough stock, that can be done, keep the edge of your stock on the system WCS, and transform >> translate the part over X.100 and y-.06 and program from that position.

Thanks JParis, My toolpaths did go dirty. I regenerated and then changed common parameters. Regenerated again. I also clicked the planes selection and selected the little grid box and chose the new origin (wich was the same name as previous) and added it across the board to the T plane and comp/construction plane..