Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wire contour lead in and out

Tim Pruett

This question is from the wire operator where I work. He's going straight from mastercam vs. 6 to vs.X. I don't know anything about wire so bare with me. He wants to know if he uses a simple wire contour path is there a way to start in the center of a hole without having to calculate it and plug it in every time. He says that version 6 would calculate this for him. Please help. Seriously, this guy has obsessive compulsive dissorder and hates change. He's being forced to switch to X and is constantly complaining that 6 was quicker. I keep telling him that once he "gets it", X will be much better. TIA

Thanks Steve. That helped a bunch. What he told me was he used to be able to window the geometry and it would start in the center of the holes. I created a thread point at the center of his holes and then windowed the geometry and picked the thread point on the first hole and it worked perfectly. That shut him up. biggrin.gif He just kept saying that vs 6 is still faster. I keep telling him that once he figures X out it will be alot faster. Some people just hate change. Thanks again.