Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bringing in .mc8 and posting

mcpgmr

Well I'm officially using X2 and having some issues with .mc8's and posting. I was in the middle of a job using V8 when we installed X2 and decided to finish the job in X2. Everything from V8 came in nicely but when I go to post I get an error that mentions $$ and something else. I'm not at work now so I can't remember exactly what the error was but I do remember someone else having this problem. I did update my V8 post using the update.dll chook. I set it to create the control definition and machine while updating so I believe I did everything right. I'll give Prism a call Monday if I get the time away from the machine. smile.gif

Paul, there is an error log created when you update a post. It is possible there is an error in the post that you didn't catch. Looking through the error log can give you an idea where to post.

On another note, many, many, many, V8 and even earlier posts do not take advantage of all the new coding and abilities in X/X2. I would likely ultimately suggest that even IF you get the post going that you very quickly start looking at working up a newer one.

JM2C

Thanks John! I will do that. The machine I'm currently working with is a Fortune 3 Axis Mill and the only thing I can see that it needs is to have the tool call and tool change codes on separate lines. Fanuc OI controller. Thanks for the quick response! So far I am really impressed with X2. After my orientation on Wenesday and setting it up the way I like I'm really getting comfortable with it. cheers.gif

quote:

John without going into detail could you open the door for what coding and such, you are talking about?.

Lars,

MP.dll the actual posting engine has been updated several times since V8. Some of the variables it refers to no longer are used, yet some of the older posts still reference these "dead" variables. There has been new functionality added within posts themselves to accomplish different things.

quote:

the only thing I can see that it needs is to have the tool call and tool change codes on separate lines.

If a standard 3 axis post gives everything BUT that, I would say use the new post that edit is a very quick, very simple one.