Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Empty combo box in shapes choook

Duckman

Assuming you created an MFC DLL project using the default settings, you will already be using MFC as a shared DLL. However, MSVC defaults to an 8-byte alignment for member structs and a debug multithreaded DLL. You 'll have to modify that in the project settings (ALT+F7) to 1-byte and multithreaded DLL, respectively. Also, be certain to add MSWINDOWS and _MSVC_ preprocessor definitions. What version of Mastercam are you using? I've had problems with V7 and various MFC DLLs.

when i go into debug, before I load the chook from mastercam, i get

error: symbol "m_create" not found

in the debug window...

but when i look at my member variables in the class wizard, there is a m_create for the combobox...

also, in the debug window, there are a whole bunch of

Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32WSOCK32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.

Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32WS2_32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.

Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32WS2HELP.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.

Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32WLDAP32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.

[ 05-10-2002, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Duckman ]

Is your member variable, m_create, declared publicly in the associated header file?

quote:

Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32WSOCK32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.

Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32WS2_32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.

Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32WS2HELP.DLL', no matching symbolic information found.

Loaded 'C:WINNTsystem32WLDAP32.DLL', no matching symbolic information found

Why is it trying load DLLs like WinSock? did you add a reference to those?

yes, m_create is declared public...

I don' have a clue why it's trying to load winsock, I didn't add any references other than those indicatd in the manual..where can I check these references?

Another problem i am having is that the icons are no loading in the listbox..the words are there, but no icons...could the problems be related?

Thanks!

[ 05-10-2002, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Duckman ]

quote:

I don' have a clue why it's trying to load winsock, I didn't add any references other than those indicatd in the manual..where can I check these references?

Try looking in external depenancies.

quote:

Another problem i am having is that the icons are no loading in the listbox..the words are there, but no icons...could the problems be related?

I too had this problem before with V7 (it vanished when V8 was released). Mastercam appeared to use its own MFC DLL in its own directory ,and disregarded the one in the Windows System or System32 directory (PDG could verify this for us). If I tried to overwrite the one in the Mastercam directory with a more recent version from my System32 directory, weird MFC errors would happen such as missing images (ICO, BMP, etc.). A sometimes alternate solution I used was to declare the instance of the dialog (pre DoModal()) globally. To this day, I have no idea why it worked, but it did wink.gif

where should the .ico files be located? right now I have a my C++ project in C:chook dev kitshapes

and the shapes.dll, *.ico and shapes.txt are located there...i tried moving all the files to C:mill9chook but it still doesn't work...

all your help is greatly appreciated!

It doesn't really matter where the icons are located on your hard drive. Personally, I keep mine in the res sub directory of the project I'm working on at the time. You just have to make sure you import those files into the project. If worse comes to worse, you can always edit the paths manually in the RC file in the root directory of your project.

and how do i do the DoModal()?

You'll need a call to DoModal() somewhere in, say, your main CPP file. Ex:

code:

// declare a variable for the dialog

CYourDlg dlgTheDialog;

if(dlg.DoModal() == IDOK)

{

// code to handle what happens if the user clicks OK button

}

else

{

// code to handle other stuff