Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multiple positions on a vertical

lanart

we've been hand editing programs to acheive making muliple parts. usually 5 or 10 parts.

I see there is post MPSUBREP.NC which the example is close to what we've been doing manually, except it uses M98 and we're using M97 and an "N" number (we don't number our lines) to call up the sub-routine. My re-seller tells me we have to translate our part as many times as the number of parts we want to make, then post it. he's working on a post to then output all the G54, G55, etc positions. Is there a way to just type in I want 5 pcs and it'll post for 5?

(recently swithed to X2 from 9.1)

there is a post on the FTP that is setup to do exactly what you are looking for.

the name is MILLX2_HAAS-OLD.zip

and it is in the /Text_&_post_files_&_misc/ folder.

on the Misc page of your 1st operation, set mi2 as the number of repeats you want. It will automatically create subs for each tool change, and repeat them at multiple fixture offsets.

As is, it is setup for Haas using the M97, but could easily be modified for std fanuc.

No xform needed.

lanart

i use mpsuprep everyday for several different machines. its been modified a great deal but i've used it sense version 7 its the only post we use.

it has been modified for different machine types. it can post as a subrep or with out. it will let you tell it the subrep distance in x or y and you can tell each tool how many times to repeat. if you turn off the subrep options it looks like a regular post. it will let you start with any wcs and sub out from there. it will let you mix subreps. lets say i have a part with singular features and multi pockets on a grid of known spacing. so i sub the singles one time and the multi pockets say 12 times - post done !!! again we use this post every day , 14 machines 3 programmers. the post has been upreved all along up to the latest MC release. my $0.02 worth.

35k chipper