Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC Open problem

kwolf

Hi,

One of my friend has problem in opening MC8/MC9 files in V8/V9.

The problem is , the list of files does not appear in open dialog box unless they use wildcard '*.*' and in this case there's no bitmap associated with files , although they check bitmap option in configuration.

The only exception is some files with small letter extension ' mc8/mc9 ' . And doing a rename on files would not fix the problem.

Anybody has an idea?

I have emailed finalocx.doc to Cadcam. He should put it up on the ftp site. (For some reason I can't get to it from this computer). This .doc file explains how to fix the problem. Hope all works out.

kwolf,

Check the settings in Windows Explorer under "Tools-Folder Options-View". If the settings are not allowing them to "show" all files then Mastercam may not be able to "view" the files in the directory, even though they are there. Try this with Mastercam closed and then open it after adjusting the Folder Options. HTH smile.gif