Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis feeds

mxdan

I am making embossing wheels,3"round 1"wide with

various designs , logos , printed text ,made out of brass for embossing on leather, anyway my problem is, when I post there seems to be a feed rate on almost every command, as high as (for example)256.371 to as low as .12-.03-.38 its these low feed rates that are the problem, when the machine reads the low feeds it seems like it comes to a complete stop, I dont think this is correct , does all this make sense? I'm still new to this mastercam stuff ,but I'm catching on

Thanks

Dan Robbins

Coastal Pet Products

It sounds like your post is outputting degrees/minute. That's why you get all of the feedrates. As far as the low feedrates, What kind of toolpath are you using? If it is a toolpath that is using a rotary axis substitution make sure you have the correct diameter specified.

I am using a rotary axis substitution and my diameter is correct 3", The posts seem very long

here is an example of a few lines

X.5459 A24.42 F184.75

X.5315 A24.864 F156.74

X.5159 A25.225 F126.45

X.5311 A25.738 F166.46

does this help any? I have made 3 of these wheels and they seem ok, within specs

could the G93 be on and I just can't find it?

I have run a few of these wheels and the machine runs fine until it reads a low feed then its like the machine has come to a stop, I have went back into the post and changed the low feeds to a higher one (6.123) and it will run better

is this a good thing or am I really screwing things up?