Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco DNCMax with a Moxa Serial Port Server(s)

Mick

We have just installed Cimco DNC Max 5 (upgraded from 4).

We have four older Moxa Serial port servers, and one new 16 port Moxa serial server, installed on our network. The PC running DNCMax sees all the mapped com ports correctly, but strangely, shows all the mapped com ports on the Nport server as being offline. Cimco communicates happily with the other mapped com ports on other older Moxa servers.

The newer Nport server is recognised by both its own admin software, and also Cimco (otherwise Cimco would show the port available for choice)

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this possibly some kind of driver problem?

I need to have this sorted by the end of March, as we have a new lathe arriving, that is required to be plugged into the new serial port server :/

LOL, you S4A guys crack me up.

Well, I pumped 600 volts through the Moxa server, and it just plain fixed it...

Well, actually, no..LOL

I downloaded the latest Moxa drivers, and installed them, then rebooted the server, and presto!

Moxa released some new drivers on the 28th Feb.

So, when can I start with S4A? What kind of salary can I expect? Hehehehehe

Hi everyone!

Just an interesting remark:

Since the version 5.11.46 DNC-Max supports Moxa hardware through direct TCP/IP connections:

Changes made to CIMCO DNC-Max version 5.11.46

================================================================ 19/12/07 ==

- Added support for connecting directly over TCP/IP to Moxa NPort

devices without installing a Moxa driver.

That means you no longer need to install Moxa´s drivers on your server in order to get full control over the Moxa device. DNC-Max does it for you without any intermediary.

Also, the performance with Cimco´s driver is much better: Due the lower latency of Cimco´s driver, you can increase up the speed up to 538%. (Tests accomplished by Cimco at 112K for 30 minutes) The faster you communicate, the better is the performance compared to Moxa driver.

We personally struggled with Moxa´s driver freezing and hanging our server for months (A Windows Server 2003 machine). The units used to spend a half day disconnected. Since Cimco released this new feature, all this sort of problems has gone. We uninstalled all Moxa drivers from our server and now we are playing only with DNC-Max.

JM2C