Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

scallop toolpath

heeler

We have just ran into a problem. We are trying to do a scallop toolpath on a surface that is a 75 deg. angle with a joggle between the two levels about .150 apart and a .065 radius at the bottom of the wall between levels. We created the surface as a swept surface with the joggled end being swept along the angled side. We wanted to do a finish scallop toolpath with a .2500 ball endmill and then finish the joggle portion with a .125 ball. The toolpath with the .2500 ball gouges the surface between the 2 different levels. Any ideas. eek.gif

Mastercam 8.1.1 Surface tol. 0.0002 Filter tol. 0.0002.

Thanks,

Sorry, that was dumb of me not to catch the jm2c, it was having the flow. in front of it. I recieved your file but my computer had a hard drive failure and the one the gave me to replace it came from Noah and doesn't want to verify very quickly. Hopefully they will get my old one fixed and back to me soon. Thanks though I really appriciate you trying.

P.S. You'll have to try harder than that to insult me. I think that we all are trying to learn better ways to do things. But we also tend to do what seems to work best for ourselves and our abilities.

[ 05-20-2002, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: heeler ]

quote:

Sorry, that was dumb of me not to catch the jm2c,

Not a big deal at all.

quote:

Hopefully they will get my old one fixed and back to me soon. Thanks though I really appriciate you trying.

Know trouble at all.Let me know how it goes.

quote:

P.S. You'll have to try harder than that to insult me.

Ok then I will try harder next. J/K wink.gif

quote:

I think that we all are trying to learn better ways to do things. But we also tend to do what seems to work best for ourselves and our abilities.

I could not agree any more.

Some time I wonder if I am doing the job te best way.

I know on this forum I could get about 5 to 10 ways.

And they all would be great.