Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Does Anyone Here Use Router Pro?

Mick

I really want to talk to someone who uses this product. I'm a long time Mastercam Lathe and Mill user, and I have the opportunity to implement Router Pro in a new position I may be taking up. I'd really like some feedback smile.gif

Hey Mick, I use a 5-axis machine(w/ aggregates and a rotary) and Mill level 3. We too were impressed with Router pro and asked our reseller for a demo which he aquired for us. We decided to wait until the V9 updates to be implemented before we will upgrade. (I heard the last half of this year). I wish that Router was available when we initially bought MC. The differences are subtle at first look but a Godsend the more you use it. There are certain functions that are not needed for wood working and you will find these are greyed out. This makes the choices even easier and faster. The text is worded to accomodate woodworkers making it easier to understand. I found that the added functionality of tabs, nesting, ras2vect, and the door program to be great features. There are some nice changes in the ops manager for setting up toolpathes. Smooth and easy to learn, this was the reason we bought MC in the first place. If you know Mill L3, this will be a breeze to learn. I would like to leave you with two other considerations: MC support is the "Best!" Not only the guys here but at CNC and at MLC. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif The other is your 5 axis post- these are difficult under the best circumstances, make sure you understand what is involved up front. wink.gif

Sir camalot...Thanks for the info. I know Mastercam rather well. I've used it at the last three places I've worked at, plus I used to teach it at the local college smile.gif

I also help the local dealer when and where I can smile.gif

I've just got to convince my (probably) new boss that he should run with Mastercam.

My only worry is the compatibility with the router they are getting, and the setting up of the 5 axis post...I'll know more this week smile.gif

Thanks again smile.gif