Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hardcopy Problem

Graveyard

Hey All,

Here's a small problem. I have version 9.1 running in Xp 32 bit. Up till a week ago, I was using a 4:3 ratio monitor, now a 20" widescreen.

Here's the problem, I do a lot of drafting for our machine shop and I print to a laser printer.

I print to 8 1/2" x 11" std paper size and have created many borders and title blocks that fit the paper leaving approx 3/8" around the border.

Now, after switching to the widescreen monitor, when I zoom to fit and print, mastercam is taking the width of the monitor into consideration and reducing the drawing size. It is about 25% smaller than before.

My quick fix is to minimize my mastercam window and drag it to approx 4:3 ratio...zoom to fit and print. It then fills the paper as before.

Is there any other way to adjust this without it looking as if it has been stretched or skewed?

Thanks

Oh yeah, I've played with the preferences. I believe it's just going to be the screen ratio. If you zoomed to fit and printed something that wasn't in a border, You'd probably never notice it. It's just that all of my prints are hardcopied to 8 1/2" x 11" paper, so thats the ratio of my borders/title blocks. I guess I need longer paper...lol

Have a nice evening

I have options to print to 3 different printers. None of the 3 actually have "fit to page" or aleast I can't find it. I have 8 1/2" x 11" selected but I truly believe it's the widescreen ratio that screwing it up. It's just a strange little bug. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I actually have a Roland "b" size plotter...the old style with 8 pens. I haven't tried plotting since version 6. I remember that Mastercam did not have line type scale implemented like AutoCad, so when a large part was drawn, a hidden line was like a freakin' machine gun going off.

And...since I'm complaining (lol), version 6 had really good drafting features and the features haven't really changed but now a decimal point is almost non-exsistant in version 9.

I'm sure someone will say there is a setting that is different, but I'm using all the same fonts, spacing, etc... as in version 6. I've used Mastercam since version 3, then upgraded to 5.5, then 6.1, now 9.1 Version 6 was the best for drafting. I may suggest that our shop bump up to X2 sometime soon...maybe.

Anyway, thanks again Guys