Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Engrave tpath

Chenega1

In engraving (X2 sp2)I've had issues with doing a Zig-Zag tpath on text. It seems it leaves an extra edge on the finish cut along the edge. (spiral is fine but tends to take more time) Almost looks like a cutter compensation issue. Anyone else notice the same thing? Setting issue? *Older versions (v.9)did not have that issue.

Also: Sometimes when making modifications to text or artwork tpaths, I'll have students get a message about overlaps and it can't create the tpath. It places points all ovr the text / art!?? confused.gif Now, before the modification, the engrave tpath worked on the same geometry. What's happening? smile.gif

quote:

Also: Sometimes when making modifications to text or artwork tpaths, I'll have students get a message about overlaps and it can't create the tpath. It places points all ovr the text / art!?? [Confused] Now, before the modification, the engrave tpath worked on the same geometry. What's happening? [smile]

I wrestle with engraving all the time and occasionally have the same thing with tons of points being created suddenly. I've sent in all sorts of these issues to cnc as bugs. here's what i've gotten to occasional work: try deleting the toolpath entirely, then running ramsaver, deleting all the red points...then staring all over again.

sorry, not a great answer but the only one that ive figured out.

Zig zag pocket routines can leave little cusps of material. Could that be the issue? Have you tried the exact same file in v9 and x with zig zag?

I've also had that happen, get the creation of a thousand red points during an engrave path generation. I have gotten around it by deleting the tool path, re loading the whole part and picking on the largest chunk of geometry I can find. I may be wrong but it seems to happen more often if I pick geometry that is some little line or arc segment.

Dave