Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G98/G99 selection

RDub

So I have done a search and tried everything that I can find anyone has offered as to how to get an M98 to post out. My CD is set to retract to initial height, but my post is stuck in "M99 Land". I am editing a X2 MR2 MpMaster post.

A little help? banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Have you tried using a clearance AND a retract value, set them to different values.

Every time I see this 99.9% of the time it's a settings issue not a post issue

Back at cha' Robert.

Check the retracts I set and uncheck the use clearance only at start and end.

If you set no clearance or clearance that is equal to retract you might not like the result

Ahhh, I just realized that this post is smarter than any of the posts that I have worked with in the past...

I am used to having the post output one or the other (G98 or G99). In all of the posts that I have ever used, you could get either a G98 or G99 but it would be used for every cycle. This one is intuitive enough to realize that if there is no clearance height that the initial and the reference height are the same thing thus giving you a G99!

Man, do I feel dumb! But the light bulb is now on! Thanks John!!!