Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

No Arrows

millman2002

I am using V9. When I am programming I go to Contour and start pick some entities I use to see a green arrow at the start of the entities and a red arrow at the end of the entities or at a branch. Now when I pick entities the arrows blink on to the screen for about a millisecond and disappear. How can I fix this so the arrows stay on the screen.

I am using Mastercam V9 Mill level 1 and Windows 98 2nd Edition.

I went to:

MY COMPUTER

CONTROL PANEL

SYSTEM PROPERTYS

DEVICE MANAGER

DISPLAY ADPTER

it says

INTEL®82810 GRAPHICS CONTROLER

Thanks

GARY

It all depends on what you plan to spend on it. If you have to be conservative, I'd recommend a high-end card with an nVidia GeForce chipset (avoid MX versions, though). If you have some extra money to spend, 3DLabs has a line of cards for you. Search this forum and you'll find out which cards work well with Mastercam and which ones don't.

Also, you mentioned that you're using Windows 98. If you're having stability issues, you may want to look into upgrading to Windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro.

Just want to qualify the "Avoid MX types" a bit. The MX 200 is the version to avoid, this is the bottom end configuration. The MX 400 cards work just fine with Mastercam, in fact, the 5 demo machines in the corporate Mastercam booth at Eastec all had MX400 cards in them and they performed very well (having a 2Ghz p4 with 512meg of RAM didn't hurt either...).

I have been running Mastercam v7 on a old Pentium 233 till it refused to boot up for the last time. Now I’m running Mastercam v9 mill 1 on a Dell 100D Smartstep. That's a Calderon processor. Could that be the problem?

They(purchasing)said they would get my a better video card if I will guarantee it will solve the problem...

Intel's Celeron CPUs are aimed at the low-cost home user market. Your CPU, however, is probably not to blame here. I bet that if you purchased, say, a card with the nVidia GeForce3 Ti 500 chipset and installed nVidia's latest Detonator drivers, you would see a remarkable graphics performace increase wink.gif

millman 2002,

Bullines is correct for the issue of not seeing your chain arrows. The video card is most likely the culprit. It is not adequately performing for CAD/CAM applications. The GeForce chipset by nVidia is an excellent chipset. I've been using a GeForce 2 MX 400 DH from Leadtek and Mastercam works flawlessly. The GeForce 3 is a better card. Mastercam does not support the Celeron processor. That means that Mastercam may not run as well as it would using a Pentium or Athlon processor. Computer systems to avoid would be "off the shelf" varieties of computers that one would typically find in Comp USA or Circuit City or other large electronics retail outlets. These systems are sometimes referred to as "throwaway" because the components inside are almost always integrated with the motherboard to "shrink" the box and can't be upgraded when they fail. Review the recommendations for hardware and software on this website under the Info section. HTH smile.gif