Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post tool notes

67 Yankee

Is there a way to get the chuck and manufacturers code to post out along with the tool name? I've looked around in some of my posts but haven't seen a switch to turn on and I'm not sure it would be there anyway. I'd like to be able to see all of the info shown in the pic below partly for convenience for my setup guy and partly for Vericut or Predator which supposedly can read tool setup info from the NC file.

Noname.jpg

If I'm heading down a wrong road here, how are you getting tool info into your verification programs, and are you using the information from these fields at all?

Here's what's showing up in my NC file at the moment:

(START TOOL LIST)

(T1 1/8 BULL ENDMILL 0.0313 RAD, .125 DIA)

(T2 1/4 BULL ENDMILL 0.0313 RAD, .25 DIA)

(END TOOL LIST)

You most likely will not find a "switch" in your PST for this. But this data is available. Look in the MILL.SET file (in your /posts folder)as this SET (it is really a PST) does have switches for these ->

code:

show_tool_mfg     : yes$  #Output the tool definition - 'manufacturer' data?

show_chuck_name : yes$ #Output the tool definition - 'chuck name' data?

By following the trail on "show_tool_mfg", which points you to "stl_mfg_com", and continuing on you'll see that ultimatley this data is retrieved from the 20000 series parameters in the $pparamters postblock...

code:

pparameter$      #Read operation parameters

#rd_params is used to call pparameter postblock and read the parameters of the operation specified in rd_param_op_no

#"pparameter", ~prmcode$, ~sparameter$, e$

#Read tool definition data

if prmcode$ = 20002, stl_mfg_com = sparameter$ #'manufacturer' data

if prmcode$ = 20003, stl_chuck_com = sparameter$ #'chuck name' data

if prmcode$ = 20004, tl_number = rpar(sparameter$, 16) #'tool parameters' data

if prmcode$ = 20005, drl_cycle$ = rpar(sparameter$, 9) #'DRILL type tool' parameters

if prmcode$ = 20006, tl_cut_cap = rpar(sparameter$, 8) #'MILL type tool' parameters

if prmcode$ = 20007, tl_min_dia_plg = rpar(sparameter$, 11) #'MILL type tool HOLDER' parameters

result = fprm(opcode$) #Run the parameter table for current OPCODE